Sunday, August 24, 2008

Moving Right Along

So, Dh and his co-workers gave their company til this Tuesday to tell them when, where and if they are moving us. Everyone is beyond frustrated. They had been telling 7 people for the past 2 years that they are going to find places for all of them. Now, here it is, 37 days before the contract is up, and no one has found another place in the current company!

Anyway, we havent heard anything, and we dont expect to hear of anything before Tuesday. So, currently plan is we are staying here and signing on with the new company. The new company isnt required to hire the same people, but if they do hire them, they are required to keep them at the same pay rate or higher for 2 years. So that would mean we have 2 years to find something else. DH is 98% sure they are going to hire him, but he is frustrated because they are holding interviews and wont let anyone know who is hired and who isnt until Sept 15th. So, we are still in limbo, but there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

DH and I discussed it, and Wednesday morning, providing that we havent heard anything about a move, I am going to make an appointment with my doctor to see where we need to go now, and how much it will be for a laproscopy.

Im still not sure if I want to continue to go to this doctor, or if I want to go to an infertility clinic in San Antonio or Austin. My doc is from San Antonio, so Im sure she can refer me to an RE up there. Plus, since my dad and step-mom know all about the trouble we've been having, it wouldnt be such a big deal to stay with them when I have appointments. It would just be expensive because of gas, but its very do-able.
I'm just not sure if I want to go to an RE or stick with an OB-gyn for a bit. Having my Ob-gyn just 2 blocks down the street is nice, but it would be nice to have the expertise of an actual RE too. In either case I want to consult my current doc.

It feels a lot better to have a direction now, even if things are still uncertain, its better than just floating aimlessly, unable to do anything.
I really would have liked to have had the chance to move, but c'est la vie, and now is our chance to look for something in San Antonio or Austin, where we really want to be anyway.

1 comments:

Thoughtful said...

I hope you get some answers soon (both job-wise and TTC-wise)