Wednesday, April 2, 2008

And We're off..

We're off to San Antonio this afternoon. Kael finally has an interview at one of the AFBs up there. WHOO HOO!

We're going to be staying at my dad's, which is cool, he lives in between San Antonio and Austin.
The sucky part is, my mom and step-dad got divorced recently and my furniture from when I was a kid is still over there. My dad's mom gave that stuff to me when I was 3, and when I was living with my dad, dad demanded that stuff back. Mom said no way and kept it. A year after I moved out on my own, mom started bugging me to take it all back so she could use my old room as a guest room. GRRR! Yeah, she wouldnt let me have it when I lived with my dad and had a whole extra room to put all of that stuff in, but once I moved out, and shared a tiny 2 bedroom apt with a roommate and my dad moved to Louisiana she wanted me to take all that stuff back?! UHG! She infuriates me!
She's been bugging me for years to take it back and I havent had the space, or the time. With our truck, it would take 2 trips to get it all. Thats 3 hours up there, load up the truck, 3 hours back, un load, 3 hours up there...you get it. Plus we only got the truck last year. We had no way to get it before then. I dont think a large day bed, shelf and writing desk will fit in our Impala or in my Neon.

So, when mom moved out, she got her own house north of San Antonio with 4 bedrooms and just her....and left my furniture with my step dad. Yeah. She didnt even tell me they were divorcing. She called me to say "Happy New Year" and "Oh by the way, I have a new phone number because Rod and I divorced." Thanks for keeping everyone informed, mom.
She didnt take any of my stuff or my brother's just told us to come get our stuff from a house that isnt in our family any more.

Im also so pissed at her for what she did to my brother. My brother was living with her at the time. Yeah. He came home from work and there was a moving truck out front. He found mom and asked her what was going on and she said "If you want your stuff, you'd better pack it now." Then he asked where her new house was so he could stay there, and she wouldnt tell him. Know why? Because his car leaked oil and she didnt want oil on her new white driveway or on the street in front of her house (what would the neighbors think?). So my brother spent that night in his car and now he is staying with my grandparents, who really should be enjoying retirement, not taking care of my brother because my mother wont.

So...we have to go up there, go to this interview, play nice with my mom and step dad so I can get my furniture, and then take it up to Austin because my dad has a spare room and he said I can just fill up one of the rooms with it. That way he can use it for my nieces when they come down in the summer until Kael and I have a big enough place for it.

Uhg, I hate this. I love going up to San Antonio, but it is going to be poisoned by all this crud. Ya know, my mom pulls this crap, then wonders why when we go up there we stay with my dad and not her. She asked me to stay up there this weekend, but I could leave the dogs, and maybe my husband at my dad's. yeah. The woman just infuriates me to no end.
So here's this trip that should be filled with good vibes and hope and instead Im left with a knot in my stomach because I have to spend a day or two with her.

Ok, that was a long rant. Im sorry.
Good news.....ish...we start BDing this weekend. Maybe being in Austin will be good luck and we can finally make a friggin baby. The sucky part will be sneaking to do it. Im not too crazy about the idea of sleeping in my dad's house and having to sneak and have sex.
Im going to have to sneak and use OPKs too. Hope I can pull this off :P

Hope you all have a lovely weekend. No doubt I will be back on this site on Sunday or Monday to vent about my family:P

1 comments:

KarenMM said...

Have fun on your trip and sorry that it could be so stressful.

Good luck to Kael on his interview!

Can't wait for Monday and the updates of the weekend!