Monday, March 31, 2008

So...

DH spilled the beans to his mother. Now I just have to wait for the fun to start.


Clomid has been kicking my butt. Name a side effect and Ive got it. Im tired, I get hot flashes, Im nauseated and bloated, I have headaches and I am an emotional basket case. I have been going from supremely pissed off to inconsolably sad to manically happy in about 3 seconds. DH doesnt seem to understand why I dont want to go anywhere. I am perfectly fine laying on the couch and maybe doing laundry and dishes and all that. I dont know why he cant let me do that for a week or so.

Last night he went to his mom's house so she could cut his hair and he called me and asked if I wanted to eat dinner over there. I looked at myself in my pajamas, hair a mess, and eyes puffy from crying at the Dog Whisperer, and said "No." He begged and really insisted that I needed to, so I crammed my fat, bloated self in to some jeans and found my only baggy shirt. I pulled my hair in to a ponytail and tried to put on makeup to cover the puffies and the zits and went over there.

On the way over Kael told me "I told my mom".
"You told your mom what?"
"I told her youre taking medicine to get pregnant"
"Thanks Kael."
Cuz I'M the one trying to get pregnant right? Not us, but ME, huh?
If he was going to tell her, why couldnt he just tell her and then NOT insist that I go over there? Say "Well, the meds are making her sick, so she's staying home".
It really infuriates me. Ive told him before that I dont want either of our parents to know we are trying. HIS parents havent been bugging us about it. Now they will be, you can bet on it. And what if it takes us another 5 years to conceive? Am I going to have to go in to detail about our treatments with my mother-in-law for the next 5 years?

And uhg! When I went over there it already started. "How are you feeling hun?" Like Im a time bomb about to blow up. His mom was walking on eggshells around me. And that just made me mad and sad and want to scream. And she kept hugging me and touching me when I was really hot and trying to hide it and didnt want to be touched.

GRRR! Ok, so I know Im over reacting, but it still makes me mad. I dont know why Kael doesnt get this stuff. I dont know why he cant just listen to me.

Im supposed to paint the guest room today, but I think Im going to lay on the couch. I just have 2 more days of the Clomid and them maybe a few days for this gross feeling to wear off, right? The guest room can wait.

3 comments:

KarenMM said...

I don't think you were over-reacting at all! I wouldn't want S to share that kind of information with his mom. And hopefully if S did spill those beans, he sure as hell knows better than to send me over there!

Hopefully the side effects will wear off when you stop taking them. And even more hopefully the Clomid does what it is supposed to do and we'll be celebrating in a few weeks!

Annie said...

I think the side effects are already waining:) Im on my last day of it.

I hope this stuff works.
We are going out of town this weekend and we are most likely staying at my dad's so its going to make BDing difficult, but we have to try.

KarenMM said...

Maybe it will add to the excitement of trying... you know the risk factor of "getting caught"