Sunday, October 5, 2008

Update...

Since Candice asked (thanks Candice *mwah!*) Renoir passed away.
I tried desperately to get him to eat some peas, but he refused, and a fish isnt like a dog where you can just shove it down their throats.
Im really upset over it. He was doing a lot better yesterday. I had very high hopes. When I got up this morning he was gone.

I feel miserable over it. If I just could have figured out some way to get him the eat the peas. Maybe if I put him in a smaller tank for a spell with some meds. Maybe Maybe Maybe If If If.
Its very likely that there was nothing I could have done. 'Course, there's a chance that the "pea cure" could have saved him.

Part of me never wants to get another betta again. I get so attached to them. They have such cute little individual personalities. And another part of me hates seeing this tank empty and thinks that nothing can fill it better than a betta. There are several other fish I could put in there, but a betta just suits the tank so well.

Either way, I will miss Renoir just like I miss Monet.

2 comments:

Plant Girl said...

So sorry to hear about Renoir.

((hugs))

Candice said...

Lol! I'm sorry about Renoir. Bettas usually do better, right? Maybe you just had bad luck with this one. How do you really feel about getting another one?