Monday, October 13, 2008

Someone Else that just doesnt get it...

So, I filled out that review thing that FF gets you to fill out every so often. Per usual I put down the same things I always do. Yes things are great. Yes its very helpful. Yes there are a few things I would like to see added but overall the site is great. This time, however, I added that it seemed very insensitive to announce their new Pregnancy symptom analyzer thing the way they did. It was big, in-your-face, can't avoid it. It seemed rather insensitive to me to introduce it in that way when who knows how many women on the site are struggling with IF an not just TTC. I just thought they could have introduced the feature with a bit more subtlety. With a bit more compassion. Rather than:
LOOK! This is GREAT! We will rate how high your chances of pregnancy are based on your "symptoms"! All you TTCers, here's yet another thing to obsess and drive yourself crazy over! And all you IFers, here's yet another reminder that out there right now are countless women reveling in their blissful ignorance and analyzing signs that you know really mean nothing.

Ok, I didnt tell that to them exactly that way. Just that I wished they'd have been a bit more sensitive.
So, I get an email in reply to it that said they were sorry that I felt that way and that there was a "close" link.
NO SHIT!
How dumb am I? I saw that banner, got really irritated and a bit hurt and I just left the banner there. I by no means saw that little blue "close" as my lifeline to sanity and clicked it immediately. That would be idiotic!

Ya know, yeah, maybe I am overly sensitive about it all and was overreacting. Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut about it. But they asked for what I would change, and I told them. I'm certain I'm not the only one to feel this way, so I thought I would just mention it. No biggie. Then they email me and patronize me? WTFever.

1 comments:

Candice said...

I never fill those out, I click the "remind me later" button. ITA with you. I think they should be more sensitive. You'd think they would be. Some days, things like that bother me more than others. I hated seeing that confounded thing everytime I logged in, too.