Monday, September 29, 2008

Here's the plan

I feel like there is this long road in front of me with many forks and forks off of those forks, and it looks intimidating, but I also feel relieved that I'm not wandering in the forest in the dark any more. No matter how intimidating the path is, at least I can see it now.

I met with the new doc today and I rather like her. She is very to the point and doesn't sugar coat things. I like that.

The plan right now is to wait for AF. If the Provera does its job, then that shouldn't be too much longer. When AF finally decides to visit I have to call the doc's nurse and schedule an HSG. Its probably going to be a bit of a wait for that-- or at least feel like it. She said that for most women she prefers to have the HSG done around CD10, but given that I tend to have 7-8 day periods, and that I don't typically ovulate til CD 25 or later, we are thinking that an HSG anywhere between CD12 and CD20 is better for me (I'm rooting for the 12).

Here's the forks.
If the HSG is clear:
• We try Femara. Not sure for how long. Pretty much as long as I am comfortable with. Could be one cycle, could be 6.
• If the Femara fails, then we decide between three roads-- If Im still convinced I have endo, we go to San Antonio and have a lap done up there. If I want to skip the lap, we jump right in to IUI, and for that I can stay here and do it, or go to San Antonio. Third option, is if I feel that there could be something more subtle going on than just a blocked tube, I go to San Antonio for another HSG and possibly a lap with it.
Hopefully, somewhere along that road I will get my first BFP. If I don't, then the road gets a little foggy.

If the HSG isn't clear:
• We just skip this doctor, thank her for her help and go to an RE in San Antonio to see if it can be cleared.
• Jump head first in to IVF
• And then a whole bunch more foggy roads that depend on the specific outcome of the HSG.

I am still so unbelievably relieved that this is a "me" problem and not an "us" problem. It just feels like it is so many fewer hurdles to cross.
And *holds up glass of wine* Here's hoping that the first little bullet up there gets me my BFP ;)

0 comments: