Friday, September 26, 2008

Trying to wrap my head around this

So, went to the doc today.

1) DH's SA came back great! Count, motility and morphology all above normal.

2) I got Provera to kick start AF. Im on CD59 and Im 99.9% sure I havent ovulated, so who knows when AF would decide to show on her own.

3) I got referred to another doc. This new doc is supposed to specialize in IF, even though she's an Ob-gyn.
Im kind of nervous about the new doc. My current doc was trying to push me in to taking Clomid a few more months. I flat refused and said that I am never taking that stuff again. The psychological side effects were just too much. She seemed to act like it was impossible to do IUI without Clomid. And, when I suggested that Ive got an inkling that I have endo, she seemed to think that a dx of endo isnt very important. She said that if endo is suspected, they typically do an IUI and after "several" failed IUIs, they do a laparoscopy and HSG. That seems a bit bass ackwards to me.

I'm hoping the new doc won't give me such a bad vibe about it all and will listen a bit more, and maybe explain a bit more.
If the new doc does give me a bad vibe I think Im just going to have to break down and go to San Antonio for everything else. I'll be able to stay with my parents in San Marcos at least and save some money. It just sucks that I might have to go 200+ mi to find a doc that can help me.

So, now I just wait out the weekend for the next appt.
No matter how worried I am, I feel so relieved! I almost cried when the doc said DH's SA was great. That had me so worried. Not only because it would be another hurdle to cross, but because I can't imagine the kind of stress DH would have put himself under. That would have torn me up. Im so glad that we dont have to worry about that and that there is one more thing checked off the list.

0 comments: